role interior design
completed date September 2016
client Australian Securities and Investments Commission
peckvonhartel worked with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) to develop a prototype space for Activity Based Working (ABW) located in their Sydney office.
This new way of working will help to provide greater flexibility in the workplace, encourage collaboration and empower staff in their workplace. The prototype takes into consideration an extensive briefing process undertaken by Veldhoen + Company that illustrates a new way of working and how this can be brought to life in a physical space.
The purpose of the prototype is to test the integration of the ABW concept over half a floor of their current Sydney office accommodation. This will enable ASIC to;
- Test critical ABW concepts including a range of workplace technology; smartboards, mobile devices/laptops and change enablers;
- Develop, refine and optimise the concept;
- Record and study the patterns of working for different tasks and departments;
- Act as a change management initiative and to build understanding across a range of users; and
- Build staff advocacy and understanding of the new way of working.